Thursday 23 August 2007

2nd Invocation

Just here, Lydiapond's post. Now admittedly it sank without a trace, but I can only exist in the world I exist in, which is real life with my face pressed against the glass. I'd be nicer if I were invoked in thread like for example the gig last night, but nope, not with me. I have a curse. Oddly I get links to this blog from Bowlie, but I can't see them on the page. Sorry to wallow in trivial messageboard politics...

Anyhoo...

Mr Chris Gilmour was and is permanently banned, and has made various appearances under new monikers (only one was slightly successful, being discovered after a month or so rather than within a few hours). I think the mods are more clued up on such things than one might imagine.

No strictly true in a few places. My monikers Big Bill and Poesia Urbana both lasted several months and were only 'discovered' when I unmasked myself. Other, less successful, monikers usually got unmasked discovered by my first post being "Hi I'm Chris Gilmour and I've been banned" or referring to specific people and places that could only be me.

The secret used to be that killer combination of coming up with a believeable persona, that could realistically interact with other members of the messageboard in real life, loyal friends and having a new IP address. Alas, these days, as Pnosni would say, 'bunch of snakes'. Or as a collague at work used to say, "snakes with tits".

I'm not sure how the mods could be more clued up, they have little control over who registers, that'll be the Admins, of whom about a third can't really be arsed.

Its only common courtesy that stop me re-registering under a new alias from my new place with its new internet connection, new PC and new IP address, if I wear really thick gloves, there's nothing to idenify who's typing.

Anyhoo, I'm off to a gig in real life this evening, and tomorrow, I'm hitting the road for a few days, if anyone would be interested in drawing some sketched of nude ladies in the mean time, can they get in touch.

kthnxby

3 comments:

  1. I think you should create a "Banned Bowlies" forum for members of Bowlie wot have been banned..and ban those members of Bowlie who are for you being banned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but how would he know who they were?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this what bowlii is now? Was it created from my brainwave? Or brainslight-nod-of-the-head..

    ReplyDelete