Sunday 12 August 2007

Return to London

So Glasgow was fun-packed, Friday I met Nastily after work, we headed to one of her colleague's leaving do for a few drinks, then off to the cinema to see The Simpsons Movie (Spider-pig, spider-pig...). Then off to Saninios for the best Italian meal I've ever experienced. Then to Sleazy's for a Martial Arts/Darren Hayman gig.

A fond farewell on the morning and I was back in my car heading south. Stopped off at Tebay to pick up scotch eggs and stopped at parent's place in Manchester to deliver scotch eggs and let them sample the very excellent Star Bar cheesecake Natalie had provided.

Finally arrived in London at 6.50pm

It was another frantic dash, this time to the banks of the river Thames to meet flatmate Nick. He's not my flamate now, he just used to be, but that's his name.

I hadn't seen him for about four maybe five years, the last time behind around the Natural History Museum when I was going out with Jax, crikey, now I think about it, that was our trip through London with me on my way to brother Nick's wedding, 10th August 2002, so aye, five years and three days since I last saw him.

He was out with all his friends, many of whom I'd been introduced to years ago we were at uni, and most remebered me. All thoroughly decent chaps, we just resumed our conversations from last time, and drank heavily under the dark London sky.
mini-IMG_2265
I could get used to London.

A load of us ended up back at flatmate Nick's flat, sampling his liquor collection before falling asleep in his living room.

All these years whenever I've been to London and had to sleep on benches in Victoria Station, and Nick lives just round the corner. If only I were better at staying in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment