Tuesday 25 September 2007

The end of days, end of days

Finally got round to writing up my school reunion thing...

How can it be a waste of time and really important, at the same time? I'm prejudicing this school reunion thing. After having driven for 5 hours I'm in the Lion car park opposite the school, debating in my head whether to go in and where to go in.

I'm telling myself I can't possibly drive 220 miles here in order to turn round and drive 220 miles home again, but in writing it down, the idea has merit.

It wouldn't be the first time or the worst time, that 840 mile trip to HDIF still bubbls up in my head from time to time.

Fuckit, I'll do another lap of the building then try my parent's place.

Do I even have the right day?


In Bolton town the sun was shining, rolls of flesh on display. Outside the Olde Man and Scythe there was Morris dancing, and I think I saw Jo Allen from the old Strathclyde/Lostock Arms axis.
Morris Dancing, Bolton, 001
It looks like wi-fi and the internet hasn't reached this town yet. I got five minuts into the librar/museum before it was slinging out time.

Where is everyone?

The Olde Man is the only place that hasn't changed. All the clubs have new names or are derelict The Jungle became Uropa, 5th Avenue became Jax, Hawthorns – IndieGo, and the Malt and Hops – Barristers.

Queens Park is still Queens Park.
Queens Park, Bolton, 007

Only on the way home do I regret not seeing people

No comments:

Post a Comment