Saturday 29 September 2007

The end of an era

Looks like my record label, Ivan Lendil Music, home of The Plimptons, manc_ill_kid and sometimes The Just Joans, will be shutting down.

I'm in the middle of a huge CD making job and my printer has stopped working with the message, "Some parts of this printer have reached the end of their service life, please refer to printer documentation".

Now this came just after I'd bought £40 worth of ink and supplies, and printed out about 40% of the job. Damn you Epson and your Photo R300!

The girlfriend is somewhere out there in London, and I'm bawsdeep in trying to sort this printing. On the other hand I've done about as much as I can of the latest Plimpie video (NSFW link) I just need to do the end credits.

The label started back in 2004 when my Gran died and I used the inheritance to buy kits and stock to churn out CDs. But now the printer's knackered, my CD burner is on its last legs and we sold about 5 copies of the last album we put out. It was a phase

No comments:

Post a Comment