Sunday 30 September 2007

Time shifting

Odd night last night I was going to go to the Darren Hayman gig in the Pleasure Unit, which would have been odd with both me and Nat memories of seeing Darren Hayman and cos its been a long time since I was at The Pleasure Unit, the AllDayer 2004.

But then Nat came round for a cup of tea, no mean feat considering she lives in Glasgow. Couldn't stay long cos she kinda had a bus to catch. This long-distance relationship thing is working out a lot better than the last one, god bless continuous improvement.

So I filled her hot water bottle and her thermos, and sent her on her way. She somehow didn't get her bus, so I got her a Megabus ticket for an hour or so later. Phonecalls and texts.

Tea boy, originally uploaded by Nasty Lady Ho.

God bless the internet when it works.

4 comments:

  1. Mr Gilmour,
    Your time has come. I'm sure you already know Bowlie is closing next year. You are a legend in those parts. Something that once was that nobody can forget. Your name is frequently mentioned, with fondness and a smile.
    Aaah! The good old days! When Chris Gilmour raged in his battle against DK to register and post undetected!
    Well, now your day has come. In this, bowlie's final hour, we are looking for our savior, someone to take the reigns, steer us to new land, and begin again.
    And I, personally, can think of no one better then you.
    Well chap, what do you say?

    Yours,
    A Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend,
    My money's on Ken's Bowlii board.
    rgds.
    C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's nice innit? Recognition and last my sweet. Is that first pic from when you opened up at that Bowlie thingimibob? Quality?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a bit fishy to me - treat with caution

    ReplyDelete