Wednesday 17 October 2007

I just took an IQ test on Facebook (Thanks Rowan) and it seems I've got an IQ of 142, which is rather better than last time I took on and got an IQ of 76. It was when I was at uni and both drunk, and in conversation with Milo, I vaguely recall female distractions too.

So that gives me an average of 109, which is a bit more believeable, still better than average, but ought to lower people's expectations of me.

I cannot find new suppliers for all the parts for three products, create a link MRPII database and serial number history database from scratch with no experience of database creation and sit manning a production test at the same time.



For some reason this blog is getting loads of traffic from people looking for stuff on Google about teh Facebook IQ test.

There's 30 questions, and you'retimed for fifteen minutes. I took ten to do it, that's my strategy in these tests, do it as fast as you can. I got 28 out of 30. The two questions I didn't get were one's where I clicked "Don't know" cos I thought they were ambiguous or not enough information was provided.

The first one, as I remember, was where there were four coloured shapes, a circle, a triangle, a square and a hexagon, the colours were something like yellow, green, purple and light blue. Which was the odd one out? I couldn't say, but folk I've spoken to either the circle cos it has no corners, or the blue one cos its colour only has four letters. But I don't think either of these are good enough, what about the number of sides? There's not enough information to pick an odd one out.

The other one I didn't get was where there was a race, asking who came either second or third, I don't remember. You get told who came first and fifth, then the other runners, I'll call them B, C and D, you get told that B was faster then D and C finished before D So whilst D came fourth, there's not enough comparative information about B to C.

My brother on the otherhand got the same score as me, but did answer something for these two questions.

Its still just a fifteen minute IQ test on Facebook with 30 questions. Its not that accurate. If you care deeply about these things, but a book to test your IQ, and even then, IQ tests aren't very good at high IQs

3 comments:

  1. My last IQ test was 156 but using Rowan's was 126 - mind you I think this was due to time consumption as I was sat in the library beside distracting smelly people. The fact tht I had to work out the average of 146 on a calculator makes me think I may need to polish off the old brain cells a bit. That's what I get for working in the council so long

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IQ test is very inaccurate. I'm a member of Mensa and my IQ is 157, but my IQ dropped down to a 132 when I gave this test.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about the odd one out that you mentioned...the square is the only one that has an even number of sides.... i think thats it but it could be any other of the reasons you gave...

    ReplyDelete