Tuesday 9 October 2007

Nuddityity

So, the ever changing fortunes of my erotic art site, more properly known as Naked Chicks on Post-it Notes. The plan was to promote it as little as possible so it would survive flourish by its own merits rather than by me spamming.

So from its beginnings in May until the end of June it got very very few hits, around ten a day, mostly blogger randoms when I'd post new images.

But then when I started posting backlinks, tracking where I'd sketched the original from, I'd get reciprocating traffic. Fluffy Lychees did a post about the site which got me traffic of around a thousand hits a day for a while.

I'd emailed Indienudes about the site, and around the 20th July they put a link into their listings, about two scrolls down their first page, and by some typo, in size 36 text, so I hit the big time with 6,000 hits in a day.

Of course this didn't last long, with the attention trailing off slowly. It trailed off faster during August when I was moving house and didn't update the site at all. If there was nothing new, folk stopped coming back to check if there was anything new.

When I regained an internet connection and started posting again the site got picked up by Pussycalor in the middle of August, peaking at around 3,500 on the first day, and then few as my link drifted away from the front page.

Other smaller blogs would feature the site, which would give a few hundred hits before drifting away.

I'd emailed Fleshbot a couple of times, but it wasn't until last week that they covered it. Now I'd always ssumed that with Fleshbot, I'd get more traffic than ever before, but its seems no, maybe the same people had already seen the site. I got afew thousand over a few day, but it trailed off quickly.

Yesterday, Swedish links site included the link and we're getting a few hundred hits from that. I think I'm neglecting the international opportunities, Japan's a big market which remains untapped, but I dunno how to get in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment