Thursday 21 February 2008

Toothbrushless

Its pushing me over the edge, there is no logical explanation. I'm just clinging on desperately to chance and probability theory.

Someone chucked my toothbrush away, they chucked it in the bathroom bin, I saw it nestled amongst the used things, the disposed of thing, the grotty things. It was irretrievable.

toothbrush

There has been a consistent flow of flatmates through my flat since I moved in eight months ago. The bathroom is home to twelve different toothbrushes, including mine. Some probably haven't been used for years, but without in depth time and motion studies, who knows.

It took me a day or two to get a new one from the supermarket, that age old mind bending choise of which toothbrush to get, how many fancy innovations that make the twice daily teethbrushing exercise more effective. It was red, firm, from Oral-B.

I got it home, had my dinner and after three days in the wilderness brushed my teeth.

Evening spent drawing, and doing laundry, but marvelling at my new toothbrush, I used it again just before I went to bed.

Six hours later, I stumble out of bed, shower myself and reach to brush my teeth.

And its gone.

My brand new toothbrush, there no more.

Eleven other toothbrushes all in their usual places. But my new toothbrush - gone.

Not in the bin or on the floor or rolled under the linen basket or in the shower. Just gone.

Why?

Why would anyone chuck out or otherwise remove my toothbrush and not any of the others?

It makes no sense.

This has really unsettled me.

2 comments:

  1. strongly suggest that if it comes back, you don't use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. could it be that toothbrushes are sentient???

    ReplyDelete