Saturday 19 July 2008

Bah

The Victoria line was closed so it took ages and ages to get to this Country Fair thing in Brixton. The weather was okay but it did nothing to improve my mood. Seeing folk wanting about with friends and in couples, makes me feel bad about myself.
IMG_4682
At some point in the last thirty years I became disconnected from the rest of the human race.
IMG_4686
I headed up to Brick Lane taking some overground train thing which was fun, and there wandered round various design and art student exhibitions, those kids are all right. But just wait until the meet the crushing pressure of real life outside studentville. I used to be one of them, not now, now I draw pictures on websites, try to make CD players and get really angry and frustrated with the rest of the world.

Ooh over on the other blog, I'm running a poll and t seems twice as many people prefer a deep meaningful six month relationship to cheesecake. Fools, the lot of them. How can I get a more broad-minded class of people to visit my site? Think of the cheesecake!

So I got another train north to Tottenham to try to see the London Rollergirls, I took a wrong turning or two and wandered these strange streets for about an hour and a half, retracing my steps checking bus stop and train station maps, even jabbing at my mobile phone.

Dear God, my accursed mobile phone, Those cunts at Carphone Warehouse, Fucking Sony Ericsson K800i. Stupid twelve hour battery life, The damned thing can no longer send text messages, not for lack of credit, but for some mysterious other reason, and also It can't seem to connect to the internet. Sure it says it can, it says it can send texts too, but they just sit there, or it just saying its loading/connecting for twenty minutes without actually doing anything.

I found the Rollergirl sports place, found my pay pal ticket confirmation print out and counldn't seem to find the way into the place. I wandered round the building, hearing the cheering and fun inside, even glimpsing a Rollergirl through a firedoor. But no.

It wasn't for me.

I headed back to the train station and homewards.

Here's a weird google link, what does it mean?

So, a quiet evening in, watching Mighty Boosh, unless flatmates hound me out of the living room, or someone phones me with a better suggestion (preferably one with empirical evidence to back up its benefits to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment