Monday 21 July 2008

Ham

Good morning blog readers,

How are you? I hope you are well and had thoroughly enjoyable weekend, rather than just a shallow transient and eventually unsatisfyin one.

Me, well, the jury's still out.

I drank too much cola last night and lay for hours in an insomniac delirium, images of every girl I'd ever loved going through my head. What went wrong? Did we break up for any good reason? Would there ever be any going back. Where is she now and does she dream the same delirium?

Saturday was deeply unsatisfying, the weather was fine, but the content was depressing. Sunday however, that was a bit of a mixed bag.

In the morning I headed out to shops to try to fix things. My mobile phone has become even more of a heap of shit. The damned Sony Ericsson K800i from the fucking cunting CarPhone Warehouse. The battery life has remained pretty much constant in the six months I've owned it, about 36 hours. This is crap. I use my phone for about one phonecall a week, maybe two text messages, and the battery lasts 36 hours. The phone I had before, some Nokia, that would go for the best part for a week without charging. So compared to that my current phone is shite.

I went into CarPhone Warehouse with the intention of one of the following:-
  • Get my phone somehow fixed so that it can send text messages again
  • Get a refund and revert back to usingmy old phone
  • Get a straight replacement phone
  • Buy one of those £15 phones and then use some kind of Doctor Who based plot device to destroy every single CarPhone Warehouse

Luckily the queue was too long and wasn't moving, after half an hour of gazing at vastly overpriced tat, I left.

Likewise for trying to get a knee support from a sports shop, I left empty-handed cos the queue was too long and they didn't appear to have any kind of knee support-type kit.

I returned home, put on season two of Mighty Boosh and fell asleep, waking occasionally to see blue-faced minions singing songs in praise of the chosen one.

Some time in the evening my flatmates suggested a stroll round Hampsted Heath, which sounded fun. It was still sunny outside, kind of warm, apart from on the hilly bits where the wind took the temperature down.

It was nice, I'd love to take strolls there with MacGuffin, eating ice cream and harrassing squirrels. Maybe just go jogging instead if I can get a damned strap for me knee.

Time's passing, its almost next weekend.

Indietracks!

But there's still Friday night. MJ Hibbett's doing his Exciting Life in Rock, but also hundreds of miles away NPL John is doing his last ever National Pop League, and I'm wondering if I should go. Whilst both Hibbett and NPL have saved my life countless times, I'll see MJ Hibbett again, but never Pop League.

I was at the first Pop League, and hundreds since. Do I need to be at the last?

What would I go back for?

I went to my last one a year ago, here, I wrote about it here.

If I went to the last one on Friday, I won't find whatever it is I'm looking for. NPL is dead.

Whatever romantic feelings and notions I have in my head about the NPL are wrong.

All the best

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment