Sunday 17 August 2008

Behin

This one will slay you! Remember a month or so ago I did that video of doing simultaneous-one handed origami and I was all getting excited cos it was on Boing Boing, and then the whole crashing depression realisation that despite being on top of my game and winning at all that kind of thing, I was still crushingly dark, isolated and lonely.

Anyhoo, here's my first attempt at one-handed origami done without looking behind my back. Watching it will waste five minutes of your life, you don't get those minutes back.

One handed origami without looking from Chris Gilmour on Vimeo.

Its not very good. Proof of concept aye. If I did it again, I'd need a cameraman to video it, rather than a fixed camera, also this version the paper was kind of pre-creased, it had a diagonal, and the finished bird looked crap.

*Update*
Aw man, those MIT guys beat me to it in a throwaway moment in what could be the world's first action origami movie.

1 comment: