Friday 29 August 2008

Count

Yay, my arty site has had 2,000 hits today and its barely 8pm, this bodes well. If I get that many hits by noon, its usually a 4,000 day, so who know's what it'll be like at close of play.

I think the post that's done it is a Top Ten list of most popular images. I did the same thing two months ago, and got a load of traffic. Aye, its a cynical thing, sooking them up, and swilling them around. I might start doing a weekly top ten thing on different topics to bump traffic up.

So a week back I got a google content warning slapped on the site, which prevents me from seeing what sites traffic has come in from. Its frutrating, but I'm soldiering on. It looks like its knocked off about 20% of my readership on average, I'm back where I was six months ago. Its not so bad.

Over on the gig review blog, not so many gig reviews going down. I just can't find it in me to type up the reviews, and barely post photies from the shows. It could just be that traffic is so low, its sapping my enthusiasm. Even last.fm has no listeners for the last podcast, apart from me. Its a bit disappointing. And thats even after pimping it on the art site.

Hmph

I'm really tired, still got a whole day of work to do, and its Friday night, woo, party night.

No comments:

Post a Comment