Thursday 21 August 2008

swing

There's this bit in season one of The Mighty Boosh, where Vince and Howard are sitting in the zoo and Howard is complaining that Vince is always happy. I think the exact line is "You find a peanut in the morning and thats you happy for the rest of the day". Its rather neat. Sometimes I do that. Not often mind, but sometimes, and sometimes I don't even need the peanut, I just need the spirit of the peanut, and I'm buzzing.

It happened this morning. I didn't actually find a peanut, but I was overwealmed by waves of euphoria.

I have a long list of incredibly urgent and important things to do, the list gets longer and longer every day, and the things are still really important and urgent and if we don't get these parts ordered, if I don't find a supplier, if I don't write a QC checklist, then oh, things aren't going to come out on time, customers will get upset. All kind of more and more problems.

But this morning I am buzzing.

It could just be that I'm drunk, those two beers last night still getting processes. But I doubt it.

And this afternoon, I'm going to be ploughing the depths of depression (the natural human emotion, not the serious mental disorder). Its going to be hell, I can see it just on the horizon, looming closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment