Tuesday 16 September 2008

Briefly surpassed


For one day last week Anorak got more traffic than my site. The reasons are manifold, the indepop messageboard is slowly becoming more popular, and since I got a google content warning, my traffic's down. Just gotta work harder I guess, I have a few ideas of things to do, but it takes time.

Anyhoo, I've been looking at traffic for this blog, using google analytics rather than statcounter. The breakdowns are better, more interesting. The most popular locale for readers of this blog is London, followed by Nottingham, and then Glasgow. And whilst the blog is one of the internets top resources for information about Facebook IQ tests, there doesn't seem to be ny traffic coming from other personal blogs referring to this one.

What happened? Did the age of the personal blog pass? Everyone's migrated to Facebook and Twitter for their online social needs?

Maybe its just me.

On the other hand I rarely link to other folks personal blogs, maybe I ought to, for a bit of reciprocation.

Over than to a girl called Hayley who I met at a blogger's meetup thing. My brother used to live with Sam Troughton, grandson of Patrick Troughton, the second Doctor Who.

No comments:

Post a Comment