Saturday 18 October 2008

Amstard Action

My brain no longer works, I've been at the office every day for the past thirteen days now, I reckon clocking up 70 hour weeks. My mood is in a bad way.

Darren Hayman gig last night, I scrawled half a review in my notebook, but it'll never get typed up. Paul was down from Glasgow for it, and I got pleasantly drunk. It was a bit of a trek home, but I discovered some neat bus routes.

Anyhoo, sinc eI got back from work this afternoon, I've been meaning to draw lots of pictures, only a hundred or so left. But I got distracted by Wikipedia.

Something last night, I was checking out the talent, and spotted a girl thrusting her chest out who for a brief moment reminded me of a former friend from up north, and I'm not sure why, but the name "Sterner Regnix" popped into my head.

Think about it for a few moments, have you heard that name before? possibly, if you are of a certain age and were previously an 8-bit computer geek. Anyhoo, I want to draw a comic based round Sterner Regnix, and maybe give him an assistent or a sidekick called Trenton Webb.

So, aye, I was on a 8-bit computer game trip on wikipedia, reading these pages

Elite
Target: Renegade
The Way of the Exploding Fist
Rick Dangerous
Microprose
Wing Commander
Druid
Tau Ceti
The Sentinal - ooh ooh, play it here
Stunt Car Racer
Laser Squad

It was a whole world, thats lost to us now.

A bit like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment