Saturday 11 October 2008

Clerks

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting my blog today, it means a lot to me that you take a spectatative interest in my life, even if it is just checking I'm not writing about you.

Right now I'm at work, it a quite leisurely and relaxing pace, but its still the weekend, I should be in bed or watching DVDs, or to get me out of the house, I could be sat in Borders or the Oh Bar reading a book.
theatre126theatre128

Had some weird database-based dreams last night. You know when you're a teenager with a computer and you spend too many hours playing solitaire, and when you finally retire to bed, you can only think in terms of playing cards, it was like that.

When I wanted to roll over, my head phrased it as changing the 'Direction' column from 'left' to 'right', and then after trying to debug the SQL queries in my mind, I realise that its not so healthy. But still stuck in the database mindset, I try to figure ways to debug the 'Healthiness' table, possibly by sticking a LONGVARBINARY column at the end, but I'm a bit lost as to how to handle that datatype, maybe some kind of linked field in the table, but I don't know how to do that either

Anyhoo, but to work.

So far today I've created a CAPACITOR SPECS table, which lists all the capacitors that we use, and has columns for the capacitance in UF, NF and PF (Microfarads, nanofarads and picofarads), and now I'm doing another column for what series they are, be it C0G, NP0, FC, LH and so on.

It makes me happy to spend hours offline doing a neat thing in my database so that when we're in a hurry at other times, really complicated things become quick and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment