Friday 3 October 2008

Shoelace suggests

Slight change of plan for this evening. Whilst last night I was ploughing the depths of stress, depression (the natural human emotion, not the serious mental disease), and frustration, I vowed that my Friday night would be spent live blogging my Smirnoff sponsored descent into alcohol abuse, over in Bowlie I was explaining my plans and frustrations and an alternative was suggested.

Whilst if I go to HDIF on my own, I would unfailingly arrive early, recognise 2.5 people in the room, head straight to the bar and get a pint of 'cheap lager' before finding a dark corner to sit in, and jab at my phone briefly before realising the battery is flat and besides, I have no credit, before necking my pint and leaving within ten minutes, to make a slow and crushing way home, and then resume the drunken oblivion thing. It was suggested that another tack might be possible.

I should try to last an hour, and drink three pints rather than ten minutes and one. I could stretch out the time by looking at my watch as though waiting for someone.

Alas, I have no watch, but maybe if I get some credit for my phone and juice up the battery, then maybe an hour would be possible.

Shoelace assured me that three pints would be enough.

I trust his judgement.

No comments:

Post a Comment