Friday 2 January 2009

Musical Interlude #32

This song is one what I wrote as a tribute to my favourite war movies, as a metaphor for love
(My love for you is like a) Running Battle

We recorded it back in 2003 or 2004, so yeah, its me and flatmate Alan, I think I did all the instruments and Al just did the vocal track, apart from the samples from the Kellys Heros soundtrack. Alan had this band, this idea for a band, Johnny Utah and The Buckeye System, Johnny Utah being Keano Reeves's character from Point Break, from Utah State University football team, commonly know as the Buckeyes. We rounded up our musical friends, AJ Smith, Wee Patrick and Lyndsey Mop and rehearsed for about six months, never recorded anything as a band. It could have been beautiful.

This is the same song mixed a little differently, with me doing vocals


Both tracks are also over in my index of SoundCloud songs on Last Night From Glasgow

No comments:

Post a Comment