Tuesday 14 April 2009

Milking

Its not often I write something on my blog that gets a link from more authorative sites, so when it happens I milk it as much as I can.

There was this post about locations of CCTV cameras on Cornhill, which received a link from Wardman Wire and then from Lib Dem Voice.

And from these we find a news report on the BBC
On Thursday, a day after the commission took over the inquiry, Mr Hardwick told Channel Four News there was no CCTV footage because there were no cameras in the location.

Ongoing work

However, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) has now said that although Mr Hardwick believed he was correct at the time, it now appeared there were cameras in the surrounding area.

From the outset it has been a main line of our inquiry to recover all CCTV from the Corporation of London and from all private premises in the area
IPCC spokesman

"From the outset it has been a main line of our inquiry to recover all CCTV from the Corporation of London and from all private premises in the area," said an IPCC spokesman.

Maybe its just me self-aggrandising and the IPCC knew all along that there were a couple of cameras, but would they have made the statement if I hadn't done the leg work and put the knowledge into the public domain?

Just in case that is the case, I ought to be more completeist.

The original diagram and post was a bit of a rush job, and I missed a camera.
IMG_6671
If you click on the photie you'll notice a small CCTV camera just under the flagpole of the Cornhill Insurance Company building. Its one of the multidirectional things under translucent hemisphere that you get in shops.
IMG_6668
And here, considering Mr Tomlinson was pushed just in front of those three bollards, directly opposite the Insurance building, that CCTV camera could have some valuable footage.

Actually I rather pride myself on doing a sloppy and unprofessional job, sometimes Ithink that's just my style, but sometimes I think its cos this isn't my profession, no one pays me to do it. And if they did, it wouldn't all be such a bodge.

This is a revised diagram of the locations of four CCTV cameras.
Revised diagram of Locations of cameras around Cornhill

1 comment:

  1. u shud send that pic to the IPCC = might save them a bob or two in legwork

    ReplyDelete