Tuesday 2 June 2009

Hampton Court photies

Aye, so at the weekend there, me and my attractive young ladyfriend went off to visit Hampton Court. Its a half hour or so train ride from Waterloo railway station.

Hampton Court

Its a fine big building, but I'm to skint to pay to go in, £14 per person, so instead we opted for the cheaper option of just wandering round the gardens.

Hampton Court

The gardeny garden bits are only £4.60 to get in. It looks like some level from Super Mario, all weird shaped trees and lush greenery.

Hampton Court

The fountains were nice, but the ponds a little skeggy. Folk were out sunbathing, and I was found myself wondering if the scene had changed much since Henry VIII's time. It was just courtesans in his time, rather than the hoi polloi of today. Maybe they should only allow gentry in, rather than bikini wearing, frisbee flinging plebs.

Hampton Court

I love the way they have all different styles of gardens, and there's all impecibly maintained.

Hampton Court

I really like the creepy ornamental cherub dudes in this garden. When I have a house and a garden and everything, I'm going to populate it with statues, to terrify the kids at night.

Hampton Court
H/T to Tired of London, Tired of Life

No comments:

Post a Comment