Tuesday 9 June 2009

My children

It has been weeks and weeks since I wrote about my potatos. Last time we saw them, they looked like this

Potato - Dave and Steve - 24-APR-2009

Fine looking specimens, but my, how they've grown now.

Potatos

So I had a bit of a grub around and dug up some of their tubers.

Potatos

Some of them are very small, but on the whole I'm quite happy with them.

Aye, maybe its a bit early to harvest them, and if I left them a few weeks longer they'd be bigger. But I understand that you get get two or three crops a year out of potatos, so more will grow back and it's loosened up the soil a bit and I still left two plants undisturbed so there'll be more later in the summer.

Potatos

And these guys are the best looking potatos I've ever grown. They are my children, I shall eat them, nom nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment