Monday 3 August 2009

Pay Rises?

This gentleman here, is Andrew Walker, his salary recently rose a band of £115,000 - £120,000 to £125,000 - £130,000. He's been in charge of the fees office at the House of Commons since 1977, thirty two years.

Now, in the light of the MPs expenses scandal earlier this year, would you say he deserves a pay rise? And furthermore, in the light of the current recession and belt-tightening and need to cut government spending, would you say he ough to have a pay rise?

Jesus wept, where do these people think the money comes from?

When I was young, I recall saving up for months and months to purchase a Sega Megadrive. I saved up for it, my own pocket money and doing chores like mowing lawns and washing cars, and once I had accumulated enough money, I bought it.

I didn't take out a loan, I didn't 'bring forward future spending'. I was twelve years old and I was more fiscally responsible than the current government.

Unless of course, this whole recession thing is a hoax, unemployment is at a low and tax receipts have never been higher. Somewhere along the line the powers that be forgot to tell us its a joke and actually they have money spewing forth from every orifice.

And this blurry cam shot is Dr Malcolm Jack, Clerk to the House, the BBC tells us:-
His salary rose from a pay band of £170,000 - £175,000 to £190,000 - £195,000. He also received an increase in benefits in kind from £20,000 to £25,000.
How the blazes? What kind of justification, how? I'm almost speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment