Wednesday 10 February 2010

Give me my internet - part 2

-In which Vodafone snatch fail from the jaws of win-

I was sad and dejected after being rejected by Orange, but after a few days hiding in door riven with angst, I was right as rain and back to Harrow.

Vodafone, they sell mobile broadband dongles, and that's just the sort of thing which will get me online quickly and easily, so I sauntered along to the shop and was served by a pleasant lady.

It was a painless process, the I'd check and the credit check all aided by them turning the screen so I could see what was going on, with the lady explaining every stage. They even checked the signal coverage in my area.

The nice people at Vodafone were on the verge of signing me up until they checked their stock and found there were no dongles. None in the Harrow shop, none in the warehouse.

Just two in their Watford shop and a few in Kings Cross. That was annoying, it didn't look like I was going to get to RedTube that night.
I bade them fairwell, the lady gave me a BIN number so I wouldn't need to be credit-checked if I descended on Watford or Kings Cross, and I strode out into the internetless night once more.

In summary: out of one attempt, Vodafone fail so their success rate is 0%.

No comments:

Post a Comment