Saturday 26 June 2010

The Plain of Wec


So, the other week I wrote me a game in perl. Its a thrilling board-based turn-based strategy game where you must defeat a super-intelligent AI player. You enter co-ordinates to build up things that explode and by building up loads of things you can set up devastating chain reactions.

You can download it from SourceForge here.

As its in perl you might have to install some kind of software to run it on your computer, my operating system is Ubuntu and it comes with perl preinstalled, but on Windows computers try Strawberry perl.

I find the game fiendishly addictive, and I'm forever coming up with new strategies to defeat my computer foe, and then tweaks to the computer's AI to make it even harder.

My record is defeating the computer in 119 turns.

Can you beat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment