Monday 13 June 2011

Plants and stuff: Definitive listing

It occurred to me at a gig the other day that I may well have seen over a thousand bands play live in my life. I was watching some grungey distortiony three-piece called Old Forest at the Brixton Windmill, and I wondered what number they were.

Alas when I got back to civilisation I checked up on Songkick.com and was saddened to find out I've only seen 904 different bands. Sure its not that accurate an account and I may have missed a few when counting, but I couldn't have missed 90, I couldn't be out by 10%.

Anyhoo, back to gardening, we've got loads of plants doing their growing thing, possibly over a hundred, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered counting each individual plant. On the other hand, counting the varieties and species isn't that difficult, and so to sate my craving for counting things and making lists, this is a list of all the different plants we have on the go right now:-

  1. Apple – cooking
  2. Basil
  3. Beetroot
  4. Blueberry
  5. Cabbage - Savoy
  6. Cabbage - unknown variety
  7. Chives
  8. Cornflowers
  9. Coriander
  10. Cucumber
  11. Dying bathroom tree
  12. Gooseberry
  13. Lavender
  14. Lemon Thyme
  15. Lettuce - Curly moss
  16. Nasturtiums
  17. Onions - spring
  18. Parsley
  19. Peppers
  20. Poppies
  21. Potatoes - unknown variety
  22. Radishes
  23. Random red tree stolen from work
  24. Raspberry
  25. Rhubarb
  26. Rosemary
  27. Squash
  28. Tomatoes - Gardeners Delight
  29. Tomatoes - Money maker

Who'd have thunk it? Twenty nine different plants! Gor, there's enough bio-diversity there that if some science fiction disaster wiped out all vegetative matter on the planet, you could restock just from my English garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment